A blog for better streets and public spaces in Portland, Maine.

Friday, May 30, 2008

Find this bike.

Last night, someone stole Katie Diamond's bike in front of her office at 1 Pleasant Street. She writes:

"This is not just a bike. This is a bike I built myself, from pieces I accumulated over time. She took four months to find all the pieces and complete. She was specially tailored to suit the way I ride, and my height, and weight. She was quirky and special and I am devastated she is gone."
I think, with a few dozen Portlanders keeping an eye out for it, there's a pretty good chance we can find it. Please forward this message to all your cyclist friends, and if you see this red road bike, call Katie's cellphone - 954-600-0900 - and consider confronting the rider or calling police.

No comments: